Social Media for Candidates
Quick Social Media Tips for Political Candidates
As the political season heats up it is time for some quick tips for your social media campaign. Here are 10 things that every candidate needs to do.
10 things that every candidate needs to do
- Either create a CMS website or use Campaign Partner
- Open an Instagram account.
- Open a MailChimp account. Create a list called “Your Name for Congress”.
- Be sure to have one or more Twitter accounts and be diligent in following your strategy
- Open a Flickr account for your photos and a You Tube account for your videos.
- Create a PayPal account to accept donations
- Make sure you complete your profile on LinkedIn and ASK for recommendations.
- Go to a professional photographer who uses a digital camera. You will never regret this decision (you probably do not need any prints, just a copy of the files)
- Develop a social media strategy that is responsive and proactive, and not reactive